2. "A man who has been shaken by a two-ton blockbuster has a frame of reference. He can equate the impact of an H-bomb with his own experience, even though the H-bomb blast is a million times more powerful than the shock he endured. To someone who has never felt a bomb, bomb is only a word. An H-bomb's fireball is something you see on television. It is not something that incinerates you to a cinder in the thousandth part of a second. So the H-bomb is beyond the imagination of all but a few Americans, while the British, Germans, and Japanese can comprehend it, if vaguely. And only the Japanese have personal understanding of atomic heat and radiation."
- Pat Frank, Alas
4. "The most powerful single force in the world today is neither Communism nor Capitalism, neither the H-bomb nor the guided missile -- it is man's eternal desire to be free and independent."
- Quote by John F. Kennedy
5. "The ultimate weapon isn't this plague out in Vegas, or any new super H-bomb. The ultimate weapon has always existed. Every man, every woman, and every child owns it. It's the ability to say No and take the consequences."
- Robert Anton Wilson, Leviathan
6. "My thu-umb! explained Julie. Oh-h-h-h, t’urts."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, Flappers and Philosophers: The Original 1920 Edition
7. "War is a simple matter compared with revolution. War is an applied science, with well-defined principles tested in history; analogous solutions may be found from ballista to H-bomb. But every revolution is a freak, a mutant, a monstrosity, its conditions never to be repeated and its operations carried out by amateurs and individualists."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100
8. "If [an oral contraceptive] could be discovered soon, the H-bomb need never fall. . . . [It would be] the greatest aid ever discovered to the happiness and security of individual families—indeed to mankind. . . The greatest menace to world peace and decent standards of life today is not atomic energy but sexual energy. John Rock, clinical researcher of the oral contraceptive, 19541"
- Elaine Tyler May, America and the Pill: A History of Promise
9. "Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ!" -Claire"
- Quote by Diana Gabaldon