4. "Off to the left, a 2nd gray brown smudge rose to bifurcate the cerulean of the late afternoon sky."
- Quote by Jeanette Windle
7. "First Lieutenant George Armstrong Custer—his new regular army rank dated to July 17—was"
- Thom Hatch, Glorious War: The Civil War Adventures of George Armstrong Custer
8. "An REI worker had encouraged me to buy a box of Spenco 2nd Skin—gel patches meant to treat burns that also happened to be great for blisters."
- Cheryl Strayed, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
9. "He was Lieutenant again. Which meant he was so screwed. Sam or even Roger would have had at least a slim chance of talking her out of bringing him in, but not Lieutenant Starrett."
- Quote by Suzanne Brockmann