2. "I saw myself driving through Eternity in a timeless taxi."
- Quote by Katherine Mansfield
3. "You needn’t think I’m crazy, Eliot—plenty of others have queerer prejudices than this. Why don’t you laugh at Oliver’s grandfather, who won’t ride in a motor? If I don’t like that damned subway, it’s my own business; and we got here more quickly anyhow in the taxi. We’d have had to walk up the hill from Park Street if we’d taken the car."
- H.P. Lovecraft, The Ultimate Collection
4. "The ‘67 model was the last good Volks—and the young men knew it. Hepburn, they stole our fucking car. Oh Hank, surely not! It’s gone. It was sitting there. I pointed. Now it’s gone. Hank, what will we do? We’ll take a taxi. I really feel bad. Why do people do that? They have to. It’s their way out. We"
- Charles Bukowski, Women
5. "A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running."
- Quote by Groucho Marx
6. "I do things like get in a taxi and say, The library, and step on it."
- Quote by David Foster Wallace
9. "quickly pretended disappointment. We hailed a taxi and squeezed in with all our luggage. Aunt Reine"
- Adeline Yen Mah, Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter
10. "Let us pretend that my mind is a taxi... and suddenly you are riding in it."
- Quote by Richard Brautigan