2. "I think the issue of female friendship really resonates well with women, ... So many women have a friend like Darcy or can relate to the feeling of being second-fiddle to a friend."
- Quote by Emily Giffin
3. "Piper! Frank yelled. Counter those empousai! We need some chaos. Thought you’d never ask. She started catcalling at the female demons: Your makeup is smeared! Your friend called you ugly! That one is making a face behind your back!"
- Quote by Rick Riordan
4. "A cultural fixation on female thinness is not an obsession about female beauty but an obsession about female obedience."
- Quote by Naomi Wolf
5. "Okay, let’s pretend to be friends. Just two friends having dinner. That doesn’t work in the South. A male friend cannot have dinner with a female friend if the male friend has a wife. It just doesn’t work down here. Why not? Because men don’t have female friends. No way. I don’t know of a single man in the entire South who is married and has a female friend. I think it goes back to the Civil War. I think it goes back to the Dark Ages. Why are Southern women so jealous? Because that’s the way we’ve trained them. They learned from us. If my wife met a male friend for lunch or dinner, I’d tear his head off and file for divorce. She learned it from me. That makes absolutely no sense. Of course it doesn’t. Your wife has no male friends? None that I know of. If you learn of any, let me know. And you have no female friends? Why would I want female friends? They can’t talk about football, or duck hunting, or politics, or lawsuits, or anything that I want to talk about. They talk about kids"
- John Grisham, A Time to Kill
6. "How long since you had sex? Aeron asked his friend. Another moan. Two—three days. Paris wiped his mouth with the back of his wrist. Which meant Paris hadn‟t had a female since before their return. But Aeron knew Lucien had flashed the warrior into town every night they‟d spent in the desert for just that reason. Had the warrior had trouble finding a willing partner? Let me take you into town. You can— No. Only want Sienna. My female. Mine."
- Gena Showalter, The Darkest Whisper
7. "Jonas Wergeland's first stroke of genius, albeit unbeknownst to himself, was to choose a girl as his best friend. It was Nefertiti who taught him that women are, first and foremost, teachers then mistresses - and above all that when you come right down to it, the female is a very different and, more o the point, a much more fascinating creature than the male."
- Jan Kjærstad, The Seducer