2. "Bitch, this is a gun..."
- Quote by Janet Evanovich
3. "Hamlet got a gun now."
- Quote by Nick Cave
4. "Surely, only a lunatic would walk off a cliff, drink cyanide, fire a loaded gun at his head, or walk into a Texas country & western bar with a T-shirt reading Willie Nelson Sucks"
- Howard Margolis, It Started with Copernicus
5. "A man who goes around with a prophecy-gun ought never to get discouraged: if he will keep up his heart and fire at everything he sees, he is bound to hit something by and by."
- Mark Twain, Autobiography of Mark Twain
7. "A gun is a liar's weapon"
- Quote by Frank Miller
8. "Ranger shrugged. Things turn up. He reached behind him and came up with a gun. My gun. Found this in the lobby, too. He tucked the gun under the top edge of my towel, wedging it between my breasts, his knuckles brushing against me. My breath caught in my throat, and for a moment I thought my towel might catch fire. Ranger smiled again. And I did more eye narrowing. I’ll be in touch, Ranger said. And then he was gone."
- Janet Evanovich, High Five
9. "...and yet, in the end, did Klara Hitler's sickly son ever fire a gun? One hollow, hateful little an. One last awful thought: all the harm he ever did was done for him by others."
- Mary Doria Russell, A Thread of Grace