A (keen) Wrestler Sentences from Popular Quotes and Books
4. "A better wrestler. But not a better citizen, a better person, a better resource in tight places, a better forgiver of faults."
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
5. "You are a Seminole alligator wrestler. Half naked, with your two bare hands, you hold and fight a sentence's head while its tail tries to knock you over."
Annie Dillard, The Writing Life
6. "God changed Jacob’s name to Israel, which means one who wrestles with God. As far as I know, Israel is still the only nation named after a wrestler."
Mark Russell, God Is Disappointed In You
9. "Closing in on three hundred pounds, the woman with her in lockup looked like a Sumo wrestler squeezed into a bright, lime-green spandex outfit. She might have been a jogger, but her garish makeup suggested otherwise."
Alex Archer, Clockwork Doomsday
10. "In addition to suffering her husband’s scathing portrayal of a shrewish wife and mother, Nana Victoria had to sit not more than two seats away from the transsexual wrestler!)"
John Irving, In One Person