2. "Life is like Sanskrit read to a pony."
- Quote by Lou Reed
3. "In the poetry of arrival, the garage door is free verse; the front door can be anything from a rhyming couplet to a sonnet."
- Quote by Akiko Busch
5. "In ancient India, the Sanskrit word for a piece of crystallized sugar was khanda, which was later Anglicized to candy."
- Bathroom Readers' Institute, Uncle John's Perpetually Pleasing Bathroom Reader
7. "It was the poem that explained the nature of courage and turned the mystery of death into a heroic couplet. Ultimately, it was the poem that banished fear from the heart and transformed us from actors into participants."
- James Lee Burke, Wayfaring Stranger
9. "the putka was derived from the Sanskrit putika, the name of a plant never theretofore identified that the Aryans had used as the first surrogate for Soma."
- R. Gordon Wasson, Persephone's Quest: Entheogens And The Origins Of Religion
10. "Cessation is believed to be a direct insight into an unconditioned reality (Pali: Nibbāna; Sanskrit: Nirvana) that lies behind all manifest phenomena."
- Sam Harris, Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion