1. "A CEO of a very successful company told him that in the corporate world, to get the kind of high level expertise that was being given at Maui (Terry Brooks, Elizabeth George, John Saul, Dorothy Allison, Robin Cook, Frank McCourt, Dan Millman, etc. etc.) one would expect to pay tens of thousands of dollars. And all these best-selling authors were getting was a plane ticket and a hotel room for their collective experiences and expertise. We believe writers should value their expertise. "
- Bob Mayer, The Shelfless Book: How We Made Our First Million on Kindle
2. "Life is a windowless room in the Hotel Bellevue."
- Quote by Victoria Wood
4. "I knew it. I knew it. Born in a hotel room - and God damn it - died in a hotel room."
- Quote by Eugene O'Neill
5. "Hotel rooms inhabit a separate moral universe."
- Quote by Tom Stoppard
6. "Debts were transferable, hence ‘pay the bearer’ rather than a named creditor."
- Niall Ferguson, The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World
7. "I stayed in a really old hotel last night. They sent me a wakeup letter."
- Quote by Steven Wright
8. "There will never be slaves in Britain,' Godalming continued, 'but those who stay warm will naturally serve us, as the excellent Bessie has just served me. Have a care, lest you wind up the equivalent of some damned regimental water-bearer.' In India, I knew a water-bearer who was a better man than most."
- Kim Newman, Anno Dracula