2. "The hardest tumble a man can take is to fall over his own bluff."
- Quote by Ambrose Bierce
6. "Vinyaya was being openly antagonistic, and that was an emotion that could be trusted, unless of course it was a bluff and the commander was a secret fan of his, unless it was a double bluff and she really did feel antagonistic."
- Eoin Colfer, The Atlantis Complex
7. "I rent a small brick bungalow within a loop of other small brick bungalows, all of which squat on a massive bluff overlooking the former stockyards of Kansas City. Kansas City, Missouri, not Kansas City, Kansas. There’s a difference."
- Gillian Flynn, Dark Places
8. "Instead of being a single, downright, bluff piece of work of which no man need feel ashamed, our commonest deeds are set about with a fluttering and flickering of wings, a rising and falling of lights."
- Virginia Woolf, Orlando
9. "Julian is bluff and sturdy, royal; he possesses a gracefully muscular, equine beauty so natural it suggests that beauty itself is a fundamental human condition and not a mutation in the general design."
- Quote by Michael Cunningham
10. "Science is a way to call the bluff of those who only pretend to knowledge. It is a bulwark against mysticism, against superstition, against religion misapplied to where it has no business being."
- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark