1. "Send out a cheerful, positive greeting, and most of the time you will get back a cheerful, positive greeting."
- Quote by Zig Ziglar
2. "A Wilhelmstrasse official admitted to me today that the Germans had imposed forced labour on all Jews in Poland. He said the term of forced labour was only two years.16 A German school-teacher tells me this one: the instructors begin the day with this greeting to their pupils: Gott strafe England!—whereupon the children are supposed to answer: He will."
- William L. Shirer, Berlin Diary: The Journal of a Foreign Correspondent 1934-41
3. "She considered [her] life, which had not been a life but only a sort of greeting, a Hello There."
- Quote by Mary McCarthy
4. "He grinned. Hey. Who are you? I snapped, jerking the sides of my robe together and tying the sash. His eyebrows shot up. Most people I know respond to a greeting with another greeting."
- Rachel Hawthorne, Snowed In
8. "These two verses are the hello and goodbye in the book of Ephesians. The standard greeting before Jesus came on the scene was shalom, the word for God’s peace in the Hebrew language.1 Paul and other New Testament writers added grace (charis) to the greeting, making it a very powerful statement."
- Tony Cooke, Grace: The DNA of God