1. the partners were delighted with the recognition of their work
2. she seems to avoid much in the way of recognition or acknowledgement of feminist work prior to her own
3. "...for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works."
- Quote by Frédéric Bastiat
7. "True Christianity is not a program of self-improvement; it's an acknowledgment that something more than self-improvement is needed."
- Elyse M. Fitzpatrick, Because He Loves Me: How Christ Transforms Our Daily Life
8. "Because their fears were so deep, verbal acknowledgment would not suffice. He had to model the behavior."
- Martin Linsky, Leadership on the Line: Staying Alive Through the Dangers of Leading
9. "All he could think of was how all people require attention. All people require respect. All people require acknowledgment. All people require love."
- Tavis Smiley, Death of a King: The Real Story of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Final Year
10. "We live in a culture where the acknowledgment of wrong or the ownership of risk and failure is paramount to forfeiting the game."
- Dan B. Allender, Leading with a Limp: Take Full Advantage of Your Most Powerful Weakness