Keyboard: Off Language: English
John Grisham, Sycamore Row
2. "Add up the bastard! shouted Nobby enthusiastically. Total, Nobby, said Colon. You mean ‘total."
Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
3. "The sum of all known value and respect, I add up in you, whoever you are."
Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
4. "[...] a number of flawed individuals can often add up to a brilliant social unit."
Robert Musil, The Man Without Qualities: Vol. 1
5. "The whole younger generation looks to me like a sum that doesn’t add up.’ Lavinia"
Ellen Glasgow, In This Our Life
6. "Little failures add up... till disappointed, they give up. Somewhere in their heart, they know they've lost. Just. Like. You."
Kouhei Kadono, Boogiepop Dual: Loser's Circus
7. "A tip from Lubitsch: 'Let the audience add up two plus two and they'll love you forever."
Charlotte Chandler, Nobody's Perfect: A Personal Biography of Billy Wilder
8. "This was one of the little ways in which he said sorry. They were meant to add up each day."
Zadie Smith, On Beauty
9. "It feels like I am wasting time. I mean, that's always the case. My life doesn't add up to anything."
David Levithan, Every Day
10. "Every mix tape tells a story. Put them together, and they add up to the story of life."
Rob Sheffield, Love Is a Mix Tape