3. "A godly woman’s true adornment can’t be bought at a department store or acquired in the beauty shop."
- Tony Evans, For Married Women Only: Three Principles for Honoring Your Husband
7. "A single diamond brooch was her only adornment (one good piece, ladies, and choose it well; everything makes a statement, nothing speaks quite so loudly as cheapness)."
- Kristin Hannah, The Nightingale
9. "Before the development of tourism, travel was conceived to be like study, and its fruits were considered to be the adornment of the mind and the formation of judgement."
- Paul Fussell, Abroad: British Literary Traveling Between the Wars
10. "As long as there are poor people in the world, as long as there are people who are deprived and handicapped in the world, if we are sensitive, we will not load ourselves with unnecessary adornment."
- Eknath Easwaran, The End of Sorrow: The Bhagavad Gita for Daily Living