1. "Greek loom weight showing an owl spinning wool. The"
- Elizabeth Wayland Barber, Women's Work: The First 20,000 Years Women
2. "Professor Henry Higgins: She's an owl, sickened by a few days of *my* sunshine."
- Quote by George Bernard Shaw
3. "What does an educated owl say? He shrugged. Whom, she said."
- Darlene Gardner, Baby It's You
4. "Owl love you forever"
- David Sedaris, Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls
5. "He made a noise like an owl. Since Moist was no ornithologist, he did this by saying woo woo."
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
6. "An owl sound wandered along the road with me. I didn't hear it--I breathed it into my ears."
- Quote by William Stafford
7. "An owl sound wandered along the road with me. I didn’t hear it—I breathed it into my ears. Little"
- William Stafford, Ask Me: 100 Essential Poems of William Stafford
8. "What do you get when you cross an owl and a rooster? A cock that stays up all night."
- Barry Dougherty, Friars Club Private Joke File: More Than 2,000 Very Naughty Jokes from the Grand Masters of Comedy
9. "Slowly my body grows a single sound, slowly I become a bell, an oval, disembodied vowel, I grow, an owl, an aureole, white fire poesia "Metamorfosi, I. Luna"
- Quote by Derek Walcott
10. "Nijel was one of those people who, if you say ‘don’t look now,’ would immediately swivel his head like an owl on a turntable."
- Terry Pratchett, Sourcery