1. "Whatever we see, or feel, or do, whatever action there is anywhere in the universe, while being the effect of past work on the one hand, becomes, on the other, a cause in its turn, and produces its own effect."
- Swami Vivekananda, Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda
2. "when we step on a thorn, our hand reaches down, pulls it out, and bandages the foot. The hand doesn’t say, Foot, you’re so stupid! I told you to watch where you’re going, but you didn’t. Now I have to fix you up. Don’t forget that you owe me a favor! Why doesn’t the hand think like this? Because the hand and the foot are part of the same organism, and they help each other naturally and without thinking."
- Thubten Chodron, Buddhism for Beginners
4. "Twenty-five percent of the nurses in one study, writes Larson, had dry, damaged skin. Ironically, the nurses may be exacerbating the very thing that hand-washing seeks to prevent: the spread of infectious bacteria. Larson says healthy skin sheds 10 million particles a day, and 10 percent of those harbor bacteria. Dry, damaged skin flakes off more readily than healthy, lubricated skin and thus disperses more bacteria. Damaged skin also harbors more pathogens than healthy skin. As"
- Mary Roach, Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void
5. "We make our journey in the company of others; the deer, the rabbit, the bison, and the quail walk before us, and the lion, the eagle, the wolf, the vulture, and the hyena walk behind us. All our paths lie together in the hand of god and none is wider than any other or favored above any other. The worm that creeps beneath your foot is making its journey across the hand of god as surely as you are."
- Quote by Daniel Quinn
7. "Hey,man,got a problem?" "Veronica left me." Ivan crossed one leg over the other and was obviously jiggling his foot. "Oh,yeah? For some other guy, huh?" "No." "How come?" Macintosh never altered positions, and the very absence of action made the point. "Because I was selfish, rude, arrogant,dishonest, stupid and generally nasty." Ivan considered the toe of his boot. "Is that all?" "Yeah." "Women," Ivan said with a shrug. "Never satisfied." Gennie read the strip twice, then looked up helplessly. Without a word,Serena took the paper from her hand and read it herself. She chuckled once, then set it back down. "Want me to help you pack?"
- Nora Roberts, The MacGregors: Alan & Grant
9. "Kitsch lives with one foot in the realm of aesthetics and another foot in the realm of ethics."
- Quote by Roger Kimball
10. "A leader or a man of action in a crisis almost always acts subconsciously and then thinks of the reasons for his action."
- Quote by Jawaharlal Nehru