1. find the product of two numbers
2. The physicist who found the elusive particle won the Nobel Prize
7. "In offering one’s opinion, one must first ascertain whether or not the recipient is in the right frame of mind to receive counsel."
- Tsunetomo Yamamoto, Hagakure: The Secret Wisdom of the Samurai
8. "The first thing to do,' said Psmith, 'is to ascertain that such a place as Clapham Common really exists. One has heard of it, of course, but has its existence ever been proved? I think not."
- P.G. Wodehouse, Psmith in the City
9. "Only then did he understand that he really wanted to know nothing about El Ga’a beyond the fact that it was isolated and unfrequented, that it was precisely those things he had been trying to ascertain about it."
- Paul Bowles, The Sheltering Sky
10. "A simple test to ascertain how much you enjoy and derive meaning from your work is to ask yourself whether you would continue doing it if you won the lottery."
- Dennis Prager, Happiness Is a Serious Problem: A Human Nature Repair Manual