4. "Most middle-class whites have no idea what it feels like to be subjected to police who are routinely suspicious, rude, belligerent, and brutal."
- Quote by Benjamin Spock
5. "Violence is fomented by the imposition of singular and belligerent identities on gullible people, championed by proficient artisans of terror. The"
- Amartya Sen, Identity and Violence: The Illusion of Destiny
6. "The letter is too belligerent. If I were you, I would state the facts as they were, without the pepper and salt. Abraham Lincoln"
- Harold Holzer, Lincoln and the Power of the Press: The War for Public Opinion
7. "For belligerent purposes, the 14th century, like the 20th, commanded a technology more sophisticated than the mental and moral capacity that guided its use."
- Barbara W. Tuchman, A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century
8. "The effective object of worship is the bottle and the sole religious experience is that state of uninhibited and belligerent euphoria which follows the ingestion of the third cocktail."
- Aldous Huxley, The Doors of Perception & Heaven and Hell
9. "But that battered word, truth, having made its appearance here, confronts one immediately with a series of riddles and has, moreover, since so many gospels are preached, the unfortunate tendency to make one belligerent."
- James Baldwin, Notes of a Native Son