1. He rushed down the hall to receive his guests
2. The cars raced down the street
1. "She tightened her seat belt yet again, so she felt like she was wearing a strait jacket—appropriate dress for someone as crazy as she had to have been to come along on this trip."
- Joan Johnston, The Texan
4. "Priya, can you belt?" "Do I have a belt?"
- Quote by Melissa J. Morgan
5. "The actual recipe for the asteroid belt? Take a mere 2.5 percent of the Moon’s mass (itself, just 1/81 the mass of Earth), crush it into thousands of assorted pieces, but make sure that three-quarters of the mass is contained in just four asteroids. Then spread them all across a 100-million-mile-wide belt that tracks along a 1.5-billion-mile path around the Sun."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, Death by Black Hole
7. "Superman don't need no seat belt."
- Quote by Muhammad Ali
8. "Put your seat belt on, Deborah told her, and, completely as an afterthought, she turned to me and said, I guess you can ride along. I almost told her, No, don’t bother, I will stay here and feed mosquitoes, but at the last second I remembered that Deborah’s record with sarcasm was not good, so I just nodded and buckled up. Deborah"
- Jeff Lindsay, Dexter is Delicious
9. "Here the train was halted. The Scotch half-breed slowly retraced his steps to the camp they had left. The men ceased talking. A revolver-shot rang out. The man came back hurriedly. The whips snapped, the bells tinkled merrily, the sleds churned along the trail; but Buck knew, and every dog knew, what had taken place behind the belt of river trees."
- Jack London, The Call of the Wild
10. "Tourists and transients lived in hotels and motels along the waterfront. Behind them a belt of slums lay ten blocks deep, where the darker half of the population lived and died. On the other side of the tracks - the tracks were there - the business section wore its old Spanish facades like icing on a stale cake."
- Ross Macdonald, The Way Some People Die