3. "It was sort of like, you know Sean Callaghan, Sean from the dig? He used to be in this band only they broke up, and he’s always talking about ‘Oh, when we get the band back together, when we make it big…’ And, I mean, he knows they’re never gonna do it, but talking about it makes him feel better. We’ve all been in that band, Cassie said, smiling."
- Tana French, In the Woods
5. "Man, you guys sound great. If I wasn’t in the band, I’d be a big fan. I’d go see us live. I would be irritated by me every now and then, but I would like us a lot."
- Quote by Michael Stipe
7. "The band was no Led Zeppelin, but they had smart lyrics, a great drummer and that reckless shine that bands did have, back then, when no one had anything to lose and the fact that you didn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of making it big didn’t matter, because throwing your whole heart into this band was the only thing that stopped you being just another futureless dole bunny moping in his bedsit. It gave them something: a drop of magic."
- Tana French, Faithful Place
8. "THE ADVENTURE OF THE SPECKLED BAND"
- Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Sherlock Holmes: All 4 Novels & 56 Short Stories
10. "Alles Heilige ist ein Band, eine Fessel."
- Quote by Max Stirner