2. "Dinosaurs are extinct today because they lacked opposable thumbs and the brainpower to build a space program."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, The Sky Is Not the Limit: Adventures of an Urban Astrophysicist
3. "Think about all the time, brainpower, and social or political capital you continued to spend on some commitment only because you didn't like the idea of quitting"
- Steven D. Levitt, Think Like a Freak
4. "Though we possess the brainpower, the talent, and the tools to solve our most worrying problems, it's enormously difficult to organize ourselves around the big questions."
- Pagan Kennedy, Inventology: How We Dream Up Things That Change the World
5. "Highly creative people don't necessarily excel in raw brainpower. They are misfits on some level. They tend to question accepted views and to consider contradictory ones."
- Quote by G. Pascal Zachary
6. "The individuals in the high-IQ group might have scored better individually on intelligence tests, but when it came to solving problems as a group, diversity matters more than individual brainpower."
- Quote by Steven Johnson
7. "Seldom do people think things through foolishly. More often, they do not bother to think things through at all, so that even brainy individuals can reach untenable conclusions because their brainpower means little if it is not deployed and applied."
- Thomas Sowell, Basic Economics: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy
8. "Likewise, everyone at the Circle there had been chosen, and thus the gene pool was extraordinary, the brainpower phenomenal. It was a place where everyone endeavored, constantly and passionately, to improve themselves, each other, share their knowledge, disseminate it to the world."
- Dave Eggers, The Circle
9. "The old are not really smarter than the young, in terms of sheer brainpower. It is just that we have already made the kinds of mistakes that the young are about to make, and we have already suffered the consequences that the young are going to suffer if they disregard the record of the past."
- Quote by Thomas Sowell
10. "Brüks digested that. Well, if it was supposed to be some kind of compliment, her delivery needs work. You’d think someone with all that brainpower would be able to cobble together a few social skills. Funny thing—Moore’s voice was expressionless—Sengupta couldn’t figure out how someone with all your interpersonal skills could be so shitty at math."
- Peter Watts, Echopraxia