3. "Laughing brains are more absorbent."
- Quote by Alton Brown
4. "I swam my brains out."
- Quote by Mark Spitz
6. "In recent years, psychologists have learned more about how creative ideas come from the reveries of solitude. When we let our minds wander, we set our brains free. Our brains are most productive when there is no demand that they be reactive. For some, this goes against cultural expectations. American culture tends to worship sociality. We have wanted to believe that we are our most creative during brainstorming and groupthink sessions. But this turns out not to be the case. New ideas are more likely to emerge from people thinking on their own. Solitude is where we learn to trust our imaginations."
- Sherry Turkle, Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age
7. "men’s brains naturally go into a rest state more than women’s brains do. Women’s brains don’t rest or deactivate the way men’s brains do."
- Michael Gurian, Leadership and the Sexes: Using Gender Science to Create Success in Business