1. "Split the Lark—and you'll find the Music, Bulb after Bulb, in Silver rolled."
- Quote by Emily Dickinson
2. "A light bulb creates an environment by its mere presence."
- Quote by Marshall McLuhan
3. "Are you a dim bulb or high-wattage?"
- Neal Shusterman, Unwind
4. "might not be the brightest bulb in the box, but"
- James Rollins, The Seventh Plague
5. "What am I? Am I the bulb that carries the light, or am I the light of which the bulb is a vehicle?"
- Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth
6. "Q. How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb? A. Only one, if the bulb really wants to change."
- Gerald M. Weinberg, Becoming a Technical Leader
7. "Religion is a light bulb, created by man to help him to see in the dark."
- Paul Arden, God Explained in a Taxi Ride
8. "What are those bulb things you're slicing?" "You've never seen fennel? It looks like celery and tastes like licorice."
- Ken Jennings, Brainiac: Adventures in the Curious
9. "Step up to red alert." Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb." - Rimmer & Kryten, "Red Dwarf"
- Quote by Rob Grant
10. "Give yourself five minutes to consider how you can turn a miserable situation to your benefit and that light bulb is going to click on."
- Haruki Murakami, Dance Dance Dance