3. "How does it taste? Carter wondered. Zia smiled. Stick out your tongue. To answer Carter’s question, the tattoo tasted like burning car tires. Ugh. I spit a blue gob of order and harmony into the fountain."
- Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid
4. "Everyone says, Come to your senses, and I do, of you. Every touch electric, every taste you, every smell, even burning sugar, every cry and laugh. Toothpicked samples at the farmers’ market, every melon, plum, I come undone, undone."
- Quote by Dean Young
5. "burning with curiosity"
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
7. "It's only castles burning"
- Quote by Neil Young
8. "Unique to Sichuan, ma is the spicy flavor of a wild tree peppercorn called huajiao—with a taste between peppercorn, caraway, and clove, but so strong that too much will numb the mouth. Two varieties grow in Sichuan, clay red peppercorns and the more perfumey brown ones. La means hot spice and is accomplished with small burning red peppers. The combined seasoning, ma-la, defines the taste of Sichuan food."
- Mark Kurlansky, Salt: A World History
9. "Taste is a matter of taste."
- Quote by Jay McInerney
10. "In democratic times, enjoyment is keener than in aristocratic centuries, and above all the number of those who taste it is infinitely greater; but on the other hand, one must recognize that hopes and desires are more often disappointed, souls more arouse and more restive, and cares more burning."
- Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America