1. "Each rise in temperature of 1°C results in a 7 percent increase in the moisture-holding capacity of the atmosphere.36 This causes a radical change in the way water is distributed, with more intense precipitation but a reduction in duration and frequency."
- Jeremy Rifkin, The Zero Marginal Cost Society: The Internet of Things
2. "Incised in the stone over the Herbert C. Hoover Building’s north entrance is the legend that, with Lincoln’s characteristic brevity, sums up the single most powerful idea in the world: THE PATENT SYSTEM ADDED THE FUEL OF INTEREST TO THE FIRE OF GENIUS"
- William Rosen, The Most Powerful Idea in the World: A Story of Steam
3. "R. C. Hoiles,"
- Richard Reeves, Infamy: The Shocking Story of the Japanese-American Internment in World War II
6. "warming has been bringing about climate disruption of various types: It can make hurricanes and tornadoes more intense; it can cause, or at least intensify, drought; it can make summers hotter; it can bring about downpours, or at least make them heavier; it can make snowstorms heavier. In an article asking, Does Record Snowfall Disprove Global Warming? Skeptical Science answers: Warming causes more moisture in the air which leads to more extreme precipitation events. This includes more heavy snowstorms in regions where snowfall conditions are favorable. Far from contradicting global warming, record snowfall is predicted by climate models.…As climate warms, evaporation from the ocean increases. This results in more water vapor in the air.…The extra moisture in the air is expected to produce more precipitation, including more extreme precipitation events.…Snowstorms can occur if temperatures are in the range of -10°C to 0°C.…In northern, colder regions, temperatures are often too cold"
- David Ray Griffin, Unprecedented:Can Civilization Survive the CO2 Crisis?