2. "M + D = C, Monopoly plus Discretion equals Corruption"
- Edward Luce, In Spite of the Gods: The Strange Rise of Modern India
3. "Brave (2012) C-94m. 1⁄2 D: Mark Andrews, Brenda Chapman. Voices of Kelly Macdonald, Emma Thompson, Billy Connolly, Robbie Coltrane, Kevin McKidd, Julie Walters, Craig Ferguson, John Ratzenberger. In ancient times, a Scottish princess named Merida resists her mother’s constant training to become a future queen, preferring a boisterous existence roaming the forest with her trusty bow and arrow. When it comes time for her to choose a suitor, she runs away and stumbles onto a witch who agrees to change her fate through a magical dark spell. Typically handsome Pixar animated feature has robust characters but a formulaic feel—until the story takes a very strange turn. A final burst of emotion almost redeems it. Oscar winner for Best Animated Feature. 3-D Digital Widescreen. [PG] Braveheart (1995) C-177m. 1⁄2 D: Mel Gibson. Mel"
- Leonard Maltin, Leonard Maltin's 2015 Movie Guide
6. "They think life is A, B, C, D, E. That’s just when life likes to turn you around, kick you in the butt, and grin: Not today, my friend. Today it’s E, D, C, B, A. Sorry. PRINCIPLE"
- Robert McKee, Story: Style
8. "Either A is B or C is D, means, if A is not B, C is D; and if C is not D, A is B. All hypothetical propositions, therefore, though disjunctive in form, are conditional in meaning; and the words hypothetical and conditional may be, as indeed they generally are, used synonymously."
- John Stuart Mill, A System of Logic: Ratiocinative and Inductive
10. "Steve Jobs has a saying that A players hire A players; B players hire C players; and C players hire D players. It doesn't take long to get to Z players. This trickle-down effect causes bozo explosions in companies."
- Quote by Guy Kawasaki