1. "C. P. Snow once argued that foolish faith in authority is the enemy of truth."
- Naomi Oreskes, Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming
- Quote by Aretha Franklin
3. "C. P. Snow—British intellectual, physicist, and novelist—is perhaps best known for his insistence that the Two Cultures of the sciences and the humanities had grown apart and should both be a part of our common civilization."
- Sean Carroll, From Eternity to Here
6. "1. Total domination of the world by 1958. 2. Domination of the astral spheres quite soon too. 3. The finding of lovely ladies for Spotty Muldoon within the foreseeable future. 4. GETTING A NUCLEAR ARM to deter with. 5. The bodily removal from this planet of C. P. Snow and Alan Freeman and their replacement with fine TREES. 6. Stopping the GOVERNMENT from crawling up our pipes and listening to all we say. 7. Training BEES for uses against foreign powers, and so on. 8. Elimination of spindly insects and encouragement of lovely little newts who dance about and are happy. 9. E. L. Wisty for GOD."
- Peter Cook, Tragically I Was an Only Twin: The Complete Peter Cook
7. "Practice Problems 1. Solve for p in terms of m: 2 2 16 m p 2. Solve for x in terms of b and K: bx K 2 3. Solve for m in terms of c and d: c m d 2 4. Solve for x in terms of a, b, and c: bx a c–3 5. Solve for w in terms of V, l, and h: V lwh 6. Solve for h in terms of A and b:"
- Donny Brusca, Algebra I Common Core Regents Course Workbook
8. "The Jesus of Nazareth who came forward publicly as the Messiah...and died to give his work its final consecration never existed. ["Modern Christian Thought: The twentieth century, Volume 2" by James C. Livingston, Francis Schüssler Fiorenza, p.13]"
- Quote by Albert Schweitzer
9. "And Elder Parley P. Pratt wrote that Gods, angels and men are all of one species, one race, one great family, widely diffused among the planetary systems, as colonies, kingdoms, nations, &c.2"
- Donald W. Parry, Angels: Agents of Light
10. "Were there atheists in foxholes during World War II? Of course, as can be verified by my dogtags . . . A veteran of Omaha Beach in 1944, I insisted upon including ‘None’ instead of P, C, or J as my religious affiliation."
- Quote by Warren Allen Smith