3. "The only love she inspires is the canine kind."
- Quote by Gabrielle Zevin
8. "It doesn’t bother you that your canine brethren are being paraded around show rings like slaves? My canine brethren? I said. I don’thave any canine brethren. How can you say that! You’re a werewolf. That’s right. I’m a werewolf, not a poodle. What makes you think I have any kinship with dogs?"
- Carrie Vaughn, Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand
10. "long (Stanley Coren, The Intelligence of Dogs: A Guide to the Thoughts, Emotions, and Inner Lives of Our Canine Companions, 1994). Interestingly, despite careful qualifications"
- Jean Donaldson, The Culture Clash: A Revolutionary New Way to Understanding the Relationship Between Humans and Domestic Dogs