3. "Home is the dearest spot on earth, and it should be the centre, though not the boundary, of the affections."
- Quote by Mary Baker Eddy
5. "On the centre of the lake, cooled by the piercing current of the Rhône, lay the true centre of the Western World. Upon it floated swans like boats and boats like swans, both lost in the nothingness of the heartless beauty."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tender Is the Night
7. "The future, even when it was only a question-shrouded glimmer, would not be eclipsed by the past; even when death moved towards the centre of the stage, life went on fighting for equal rights."
- Salman Rushdie, The Satanic Verses
8. "She had not come to the shopping centre to buy shoes; she had come to buy food, and there was a big difference between shopping for food and shopping for shoes, and that difference concentrated on one word: guilt."
- Quote by Alexander McCall Smith
9. "The three other rickety chairs had been pulled up around the lone table in the room’s centre. Above the table hung an oil lantern, which shone down on Fiddler, Hedge and Mallet as they sat playing cards."
- Steven Erikson, Gardens of the Moon