4. "Meanwhile, until the snow comes, we had better keep Master Chancellor and his party entertained.’ ‘Tartar women?’ said Fergie helpfully. ‘Danny Hislop …’ ‘Healthy physical exercise,’ said Lymond tartly."
- Dorothy Dunnett, The Ringed Castle
6. "Books are wonderful, aren't they?' she said to the vice-chancellor who concurred. 'At the risk of sounding like a piece of steak,' she said, 'they tenderise one."
- Quote by Alan Bennett
8. "Had I known that these legs were to carry a Lord Chancellor, I would have taken better care of them when I was a lad. Duke of Grafton"
- Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam
9. "Before the war I often had the impression of being in the household of a busy architect and building tycoon rather than the Führer and Reich Chancellor."
- Quote by Heinz Linge
10. "If in the end Erso’s research moves us closer to engineering a weapon for the battle station, then you will have not only my gratitude, but also that of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and the Republic itself. Krennic restrained a smile. We all play our part, Vice Chancellor."
- James Luceno, Star Wars: Catalyst: A Rogue One Story