1. Chinese food
3. "Talk does not cook rice. —Chinese proverb"
- David Allen, Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
4. "Chinese food in Texas is the best Chinese food in the United States except Boston."
- Quote by John Updike
6. "Puebla shopkeepers complained that the country was fighting an invasion of counterfeits from China—a Chinese imitation of a Chinese-made Mexican imitation of a Chinese original."
- Charles C. Mann, 1493: How the Ecological Collision of Europe and the Americas Gave Rise to the Modern World
8. "Known to the Chinese as ‘Iron-Headed Old Rat"
- Niall Ferguson, The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World