2. "Uncork the cider...Sabbath or no!"
- Quote by Thomas Hardy
5. "Television is chewing gum for the eyes."
- Quote by Frank Lloyd Wright
8. "Up until Prohibition, an apple grown in America was far less likely to be eaten than to wind up in a barrel of cider. (Hard cider is a twentieth-century term, redundant before then since virtually all cider was hard until modern refrigeration allowed people to keep sweet cider sweet.)"
- Michael Pollan, The Botany of Desire: A Plant's-Eye View of the World