1. "Cognition begins with sensation."
- Quote by Richard Tarnas
2. "Cognition reigns but does not rule."
- Quote by Paul Valéry
3. "Logic was to cognition as geometry was to landscape"
- Kim Stanley Robinson, Sixty Days and Counting
4. "What counts in evangelism is not cognition, but recognition. Can"
- Leonard Sweet, Nudge: Awakening Each Other to the God Who's Already There
5. "Mindfulness has never met a cognition it didn't like."
- Daniel J. Siegel, The Mindful Brain: Reflection and Attunement in the Cultivation of Well-Being
6. "if we can control the environment in which rapid cognition takes place, then we can control rapid cognition"
- Quote by Malcolm Gladwell
7. "all human cognition begins with intuitions, proceeds from thence to conceptions, and ends with ideas."
- Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
8. "Cognition attempts to make sense of the world: emotion assigns value."
- Donald A. Norman, The Design of Everyday Things
9. "The limits of our cognition are not defined by the limits of our language."
- Quote by Elliot W. Eisner
10. "Liberating education consists in acts of cognition, not transferals of information."
- Quote by Paulo Freire