3. "I know of no one who would be a good High Commissioner of Palestine except God."
- Quote by John Chancellor
4. "Batman: One more thing. When you find something out, you can call me on this. Commissioner Gordan: A cell phone with one button? Batman: A bat signal. Commissioner Gordan: Christ. He actually put a bat on it."
- Geoff Johns, Batman: Earth One
6. "People do not come out to vote for a United States Senator. They come out to vote for the Sheriff or the County Commissioner."
- Quote by Lyndon B. Johnson
7. "So, in a Civil Service where smooth and sociable performance was more useful than an individualistic competence, Enderby went up the scale quickly, and was at the Commissioner level when Baley himself was nothing more than a C-5."
- Isaac Asimov, The Caves of Steel
8. "Some of us who worked with Bud for years in New York focus on all he accomplished as commissioner, and we forget, lose track of the fact, that he was the person that saved baseball in Milwaukee."
- Bill Schroeder, If These Walls Could Talk: Milwaukee Brewers: Stories from the Milwaukee Brewers Dugout
9. "As requested by quite a mixture—the Police Commissioner and two of his deputies, the District Attorney, a bunch of inspectors and deputy inspectors, not to mention Sergeant Purley Stebbins. I’m talking from the private office of the Commissioner—you know it; you’ve been here. After these days and nights of camaraderie with them—is that the way to pronounce it? Almost. Good. I am held in high esteem by the whole shebang, from Commissioner all the way down to Lieutenant Rowcliff, which is quite a distance. Wanting to show me what they think of me, they are bestowing a great honor on me. Having a request to make of you, they are letting me make it. They’re all sitting here gazing at me so tenderly I’ve got a lump in my throat. You ought to see them."
- Rex Stout, Prisoner's Base
10. "I could have told her that I was quite convinced, and that she would be, too, if she talked to Samantha for five minutes. But when Deborah makes up her mind, it takes a written order from the police commissioner to change it, and I didn’t think there was one in the works."
- Jeff Lindsay, Dexter is Delicious