3. "The first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract-- Look, why should we quarrel about a thing like this? We'll take it right out, eh?"
- Quote by Groucho Marx
5. "The rule of law is critical for economic development; without clear property rights and contract enforcement, it is difficult for businesses to break out of small circles of trust."
- Francis Fukuyama, Political Order and Political Decay: From the Industrial Revolution to the Globalization of Democracy
7. "I like cutting off toes, Tonk Fah noted. That’s different, Denth said. You wouldn’t do it simply because your contract ran out, would you? Nah, Tonk Fah said. Toes is toes."
- Brandon Sanderson, Warbreaker
8. "My insides contract- bad. "who are you?" I ask right out loud. And he says what I've been afraid of since I killed Lester's father. Haven't you guessed? I'm you. The real you."
- Bonnie Shimko, You Know What You Have to Do
9. "There being nobody by, however, but a pauper old woman, who was rendered rather misty by an unwonted allowance of beer; and a parish surgeon who did such matters by contract; Oliver and Nature fought out the point between them."
- Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist