1. "Behind every great domain is a great Domain controller"
- Ed Tittel, Windows Server 2008 for Dummies
2. "Extremes,' said the Controller, 'meet. For the good reason that they were made to meet."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
3. "Function must dictate form."
- Yvon Chouinard, Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman
4. "Function reforms form, perpetually."
- Stewart Brand, How Buildings Learn: What Happens After They're Built
5. "Controller Borasus sighed with relief. Libraries were not places of danger. It had to be a hoax."
- Diana Wynne Jones, Hexwood
6. "Prayer puts God in the position He deserves - that of King, Governor, Benign Controller, Possessor, Lord, and Master."
- Leslie Ludy, Wrestling Prayer: A Passionate Communion with God
7. "PARENTHOOD: ROLE OR FUNCTION? Many"
- Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth: Create a Better Life
8. "function—thoughtless, careless, and liquorish,"
- H.P. Lovecraft, The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft
9. "Power has a social function."
- Quote by Moisés Naím
10. "Power suppresses creativity and productivity; it is hazardous to the health and well-being of both the controller and the controllee. Power generates the forces that will inevitably destroy or replace it; power bites its own tail; it stifles creative dissent; it extinguishes trust, fellowship, intimacy, and love; power entraps the controller as it enslaves the controllee."
- Thomas Gordon, Teaching Children Self Discipline: At Home and At School