2. "Copernicus, 1996). Julian"
- Lee Smolin, Time Reborn: From the Crisis in Physics to the Future of the Universe
7. "But what resounds most deeply in the life of Copernicus is the journey that made knowledge possible and not the knowledge that made the journey successful."
- James P. Carse, Finite and Infinite Games: A Vision of Life as Play and Possibility
8. "The world is kept alive only by heretics: the heretic Christ, the heretic Copernicus, the heretic Tolstoy. Our symbol of faith is heresy. (Tomorrow)"
- Quote by Yevgeny Zamyatin
9. "A simpler model, however, was proposed in 1514 by a Polish priest, Nicholas Copernicus. (At first, perhaps for fear of being branded a heretic by his church, Copernicus circulated his model anonymously.) His idea was that the sun was stationary at the center and that the earth and the planets moved in circular orbits around the sun."
- Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time