4. "If there isn’t, the skull can literally burst, fracturing the cranium into numerous pieces, each about the size of a quarter."
- William M. Bass, Death's Acre: Inside the Legendary Forensic Lab the Body Farm Where the Dead Do Tell Tales
6. "Unless a film of flesh envelops us, we die. Man exists only insofar as he is separated from his surroundings. The cranium is a space-traveler's helmet. Stay inside or you perish. Death is divestment, death is communion."
- Vladimir Nabokov, Pnin
7. "You are not apprehensive, are you? I can't detect no trace of fear none whatsoever Roomy cranium all possible videos of all possible outcomes of current situation and envisage."
- Quote by Terry Pratchett
8. "The Squire flew over to Mr Escot. "I told you," said he, "I would settle him: but there is a very hard condition attached to his compliance." "I submit to it," said Mr Escot, "be it what it may." "Nothing less," said Squire Headlong, "than the absolute and unconditional surrender of the skull of Cadwallader." "I resign it," said Mr Escot. "The skull is yours," said the squire, skipping over to Mr Cranium. "I am perfectly satisfied," said Mr Cranium. "The lady is yours," said the squire, skipping back to Mr Escot. "I am the happiest man alive," said Mr Escot."
- Thomas Love Peacock, Headlong Hall
9. "Only a few pages into "The Technologists" and Matthew Pearl already has written a gem about Boston: "Then would come the view of the stretches of docks and piers...then beyond that the State House’s gold dome capping the horizon—the glittering cranium of the world’s smartest city."
- Matthew Pearl, The Technologists
10. "The company, he says, doesn’t need a reason to fire you. The company can do whatever it wants. A week later, on September 2, the Tuesday after the Labor Day weekend, Trotsky forwards me an email that Cranium has sent around to everyone in the marketing department. We’re"
- Dan Lyons, Disrupted: My Misadventure in the Start-Up Bubble