2. "One can live for years sometimes without living at all, and then all life comes crowding into one single hour."
- Quote by Oscar Wilde
5. "Lenina was left to face the horrors of Malpais unaided. They came crowding in on her thick and fast. The spectacle of two young women giving the breast to their babies made her blush and turn away her face."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
6. "5:15 I have never put makeup on. It's hard. "You assholes are crowding my mirror space. Gimme some room, I keep smearing my blush." Everyone's glares at me. I feel like a gay homosexual."
- Tucker Max, Assholes Finish First
7. "Her hair was dyed, and her bloom was fading, and she must have been crowding forty, but she seemed to be one of those women who cling to the manners and graces of a pretty child of eight."
- Quote by John Cheever
8. "She knew enough to recognize that memories were crowding in, and there was nothing he could do. They wouldn’t let him speak. She would never know what scenes were driving that turmoil."
- Ian McEwan, Atonement
9. "Words! They seemed his only experience, his only sophistications. And yet what were they? Merciless little creatures, crowding about and eager for command, each with its own physical character, an ancestry, an expectation of life and a hope of posterity."
- Alexander Theroux, Darconville’s Cat