3. "They think life is A, B, C, D, E. That’s just when life likes to turn you around, kick you in the butt, and grin: Not today, my friend. Today it’s E, D, C, B, A. Sorry. PRINCIPLE"
- Robert McKee, Story: Style
4. "Either A is B or C is D, means, if A is not B, C is D; and if C is not D, A is B. All hypothetical propositions, therefore, though disjunctive in form, are conditional in meaning; and the words hypothetical and conditional may be, as indeed they generally are, used synonymously."
- John Stuart Mill, A System of Logic: Ratiocinative and Inductive
5. "M + D = C, Monopoly plus Discretion equals Corruption"
- Edward Luce, In Spite of the Gods: The Strange Rise of Modern India
6. "Someone like me, with a D personality, is probably going to have trouble working with a C personality, because my personality type tends to be impatient, overbearing, and judgmental, and C personalities tend to be lazy nitwits."
- Dan Lyons, Disrupted: My Misadventure in the Start-Up Bubble
8. "Practice Problems 1. Solve for p in terms of m: 2 2 16 m p 2. Solve for x in terms of b and K: bx K 2 3. Solve for m in terms of c and d: c m d 2 4. Solve for x in terms of a, b, and c: bx a c–3 5. Solve for w in terms of V, l, and h: V lwh 6. Solve for h in terms of A and b:"
- Donny Brusca, Algebra I Common Core Regents Course Workbook
10. "Steve Jobs has a saying that A players hire A players; B players hire C players; and C players hire D players. It doesn't take long to get to Z players. This trickle-down effect causes bozo explosions in companies."
- Quote by Guy Kawasaki