1. "The Indian danced on alone. The crowd clapped up the beat. The Indian danced with a chair. The crowd went crazy. The band faded. The crowd cheered. The Indian held up his hands for silence as if to make a speech. Looking at the band and then the crowd, the Indian said, "Well, what're you waiting for? Let's DANCE."
- Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten
2. "DANCE, WATER DANCE!"
- Quote by Shiro Amano
3. "A moment from another world! Imagine a reporter dictating an exclusive story, a lead story, sourced from the President of the United States, from a telephone just off the White House dance floor to the strains of Lester Lanin's dance band."
- Ben Bradlee, A Good Life: Newspapering and Other Adventures
6. "i would like to remind the management that the drinks are watered and the hat-check girl has syphilis and the band is composed of former ss monsters However since it is new year's eve and i have lip cancer i will place my paper hat on my concussion and dance"
- Quote by Leonard Cohen
7. "They went along a balcony that looked down over the dining room and the dance floor. The lisp of hot jazz came up to them from the lithe, swaying bodies of a high-yaller band. With the lisp of jazz came the smell of food and cigarette smoke and perspiration. The balcony was high and the scene down below had a patterned look, like an overhead camera shot. (Nevada Gas)"
- Raymond Chandler, The Simple Art of Murder
8. "Like everyone else at the Anchorage, except maybe for Natalie, Jonah had developed the blinders that allowed him to dance on. That prevented him from seeing the gradual decline of everyone around him; that allowed him to pretend that they weren't all heading for the same tragic end. The band played on as the ship sank beneath them. Distracted by the magic of music, they would keep dancing until the wavesclosed over thier heads."
- Cinda Williams Chima, The Sorcerer Heir
9. "THE ADVENTURE OF THE SPECKLED BAND"
- Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Sherlock Holmes: All 4 Novels & 56 Short Stories