1. "DANCE, WATER DANCE!"
- Quote by Shiro Amano
2. "Today was the dance contest, the one where Squidward takes over Spongebob's body...During the competition, Squidward gets a cramp and Spongebob's body ends up writhing on the floor in agony. The audience thinks this is pretty cool and gives him First Prize. Quite a metaphor. The person in the most pain wins. Does that mean I get a Blue Ribbon?"
- Tom Perrotta, The Leftovers
3. "Chrissie tried all the chairs, the armchairs, the high chairs, the spindle-back chairs, Is that apple wood, is that tulip wood, is that rosewood, Pascal? People pitying her with her limp, in a yellow summery dress with a wide green sash as if she was entering a dance competition. Remarking on the holly to be so rich with berries, she said a good crop of berries always meant an addition to the family,"
- Edna O'Brien, The Light of Evening
4. "Isolation and competition are inhospitable to learning."
- Quote by Roland Barthes
6. "It's not a competition, it's a doorway."
- Quote by Mary Oliver
7. "Competition is the death of art."
- Quote by Dana Gould
8. "Give Marc Johnson some competition; god-damnit!"
- Quote by Mark Gonzales
9. "Dance the orange."
- Quote by Rainer Maria Rilke
10. "Earthworms will dance"
- Quote by Joel Salatin