1. "It’s important for you to understand that routers, which work at the Network layer, don’t care about where a particular host is located. They’re only concerned about where networks are located and the best way to reach them—including remote ones. Routers are totally obsessive when it comes to networks. And for once, this obsession is a good thing! The Data Link layer is responsible for the unique identification of each device that resides on a local network."
- Todd Lammle, CompTIA Network+ Study Guide Authorized Courseware: Exam N10-005
4. "data cathedral"
- Gardner R. Dozois, The Year's Best Science Fiction: Thirty-First Annual Collection
6. "The Indivo system resolves the Problem of Mutual Accommodation of Interdependent Systems summarized earlier by inserting a layer of virtualization between two interdependent structures. It makes the data open, modular, and conformable, so that the applications using the data can be optimized. By being modular (open source), the data in PHRs are commoditized—it is no longer a strategic asset, nor where money can be made. Instead, profit in the industry will be made by firms that build applications that use the data. Some"
- Clayton M. Christensen, The Innovator's Prescription : A Disruptive Solution for Health Care
7. "To clarify, *add* data."
- Quote by Edward R. Tufte
9. "transporting data and deploying"
- Brian Knight, Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services