1. "The degree to which language exactly mirrors reality is debatable."
- Rictor Norton, The Myth Of The Modern Homosexual: Queer History And The Search For Cultural Unity
2. "Advertising is not a luxury nor a debatable policy."
- Herbert Kaufman, The Clock that Had no Hands And Nineteen Other Essays About Advertising
3. "But why? You goddamn fool, do you think I consider their question debatable?"
- Quote by Ayn Rand
7. "If my aim is to prove I am enough, the project goes on to infinity—because the battle was already lost on the day I conceded the issue was debatable."
- Nathaniel Branden, The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
8. "Blurbs don’t work anymore! was another. You should make sure that the quotable lines of dialogue in your book never exceed a hundred and forty characters! seemed at best debatable."
- Scott Westerfeld, Afterworlds
9. "If there really is a God, which is, at very best, extremely debatable, he has a terrible sense of humor. Because the detective in charge of deciphering the carnage is Detective Anderson, a man who has lived his life without making a friend of intelligence, wit, or competence. And"
- Jeff Lindsay, Dexter Is Dead
10. "Hollow then produced Kobel’s tax returns for the past three years. When Ringling objected, Hollow said to Judge Rollins, Your Honor, a man who files a tax return is of sound mind. That’s debatable, said the ultraconservative judge, drawing laughter from the courtroom."
- Quote by Jeffery Deaver