3. "If your ship hasn't come in, swim out to it."
- Quote by Mary Engelbreit
4. "I felt that I could swim for miles, out into the ocean: a desire for freedom, an impulse to move, tugged at me as though it were a thread fastened to my chest. It was an impulse I knew well, and I had learned that it was not the summons from a larger world I used to believe it to be. It was simply a desire to escape from what I had."
- Rachel Cusk, Outline
5. "I would suddenly be seized with a desire to go down to the beach for a swim. And merely to have imagined the sound of ripples at my feet, and then the smooth feel of the water on my body as I struck out, and the wonderful sensation of relief it gave,"
- Alistair Horne, A Savage War of Peace: Algeria
6. "But one kiss levitates above all the others. The intersection of function and desire. The I do kiss. The I’ll love you through a brick wall kiss. Even when I’m dead, I’ll swim through the Earth, like a mermaid of the soil, just to be next to your bones."
- Quote by Jeffrey McDaniel
7. "grace is found at the depths and in the death of everything. After these smaller deaths, we know that the only deadly sin is to swim on the surface of things, where we never see, find, or desire God and love."
- Richard Rohr, Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self
10. "He tried to drown his troubles but they knew how to swim."
- Quote by Rita Mae Brown