2. "Nothing to extremes, everything in moderation."
- Robin S. Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Remarkable Story About Living Your Dreams
4. "If women understand by emancipation the adoption of the masculine role then we are lost indeed. If women can supply no counterbalance to the blindness of male drive the aggressive society will run to its lunatic extremes at ever-escalating speed. Who will safeguard the despised animal faculties of compassion, empathy, innocence and sensuality?"
- Germaine Greer, The Female Eunuch
6. "Saint Thomas Aquinas says, wisely, that the only way to drive out a bad passion is by a stronger good passion. The same is true of thoughts as of passions. When your mind wanders, like a child, your will must bring it back, like a mother. [. . .] The will-parent must discipline the mind-child, avoiding both the opposite extremes commonly made in disciplining either children or thoughts: tyranny or permissiveness."
- Peter Kreeft, Prayer for Beginners
8. "Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong."
- Quote by Dwight D. Eisenhower
10. "mankind was apparently doomed to vacillate eternally between the two extremes of distress and boredom."
- Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search For Meaning: The classic tribute to hope from the Holocaust