5. "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. —E. B. White"
- Steven D. Price, 1001 Smartest Things Ever Said
6. "E. B. White, who once wrote, I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve (or save) the world and a desire to enjoy (or savor) the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
- Alexandra Stoddard, You Are Your Choices: 50 Ways to Live a Good Life
7. "How can you tell when a presidential scandal is serious? A. The president’s poll numbers drop. B. The press goes after him. C. The opposition calls for his impeachment. D. His own party members turn on him. E. Or the White House says, Mistakes were made. —Bill Schneider, CNN’s Inside Politics"
- Carol Tavris, Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me): Why We Justify Foolish Beliefs
8. "They think life is A, B, C, D, E. That’s just when life likes to turn you around, kick you in the butt, and grin: Not today, my friend. Today it’s E, D, C, B, A. Sorry. PRINCIPLE"
- Robert McKee, Story: Style
- Ben Forta, Sams Teach Yourself Regular Expressions in 10 Minutes