1. "Sociobiology, E. O. Wilson"
- Frans de Waal, Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are?
2. "The renowned biologist and thinker E. O. Wilson calls the study of gene-culture coevolution one of the great unexplored domains of science."
- Hal Whitehead, The Cultural Lives of Whales and Dolphins
4. "We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom. The world henceforth will be run by synthesizers, people able to put together the right information at the right time, think critically about it, and make important choices wisely. —E. O. Wilson"
- Fareed Zakaria, In Defense of a Liberal Education
5. "Among natural landscapes , however, we show the greatest preference for open spaces dotted with trees , with a little water nearby— picture the views from the high-rises that famously border Central Park in Manhattan; as the biologist E. O. Wilson puts it, to see most clearly the manifestations of human instinct, it is useful to start with the rich."
- J.B. MacKinnon, The Once and Future World: Nature As It Was
7. "The genes supply the motivation for warfare, [E. O.] Wilson is saying, in humans as they do in chimps, but people, blessed with the power of language, look for some objective cause of war. A society psychs itself up to go to war by agreeing that their neighbors have wronged them, whether by seizing property or failing to deliver on some promise. Religious leaders confirm that the local deity favors their cause and off go the troops."
- Quote by Nicholas Wade
10. "E o amor e a gratidão podem dissolver qualquer doença."
- Quote by Rhonda Byrne