1. "We all need one another; much and often. Just as every human creature needs a place to be alone in, a sacred, private "home" of his own, so all human creatures need a place to be together in, from the two who can show each other their souls uninterruptedly, to the largest throng that can throb and stir in unison."
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Women and Economics
2. "Throb You cut me into pieces and put them in separate corners of the room each part placed under pillows or into water I grow from this darkness like starfish my fingers know the shape to take again"
- Quote by Kathleen Norris
4. "In every man's heart there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty."
- Quote by Christopher Morley
5. "WHEN SOMEBODY you’ve wronged forgives you, you’re spared the dull and self-diminishing throb of a guilty conscience. When you forgive somebody who has wronged you, you’re spared the dismal corrosion of bitterness and wounded pride. For both parties, forgiveness means the freedom again to be at peace inside their own skins and to be glad in each other’s presence."
- Frederick Buechner, Listening to Your Life: Daily Meditations with Frederick Buechne
7. "The trick in writing children's books is to set up danger, mystery and excitement on page one. Force the kid to turn the page . . . Then in the middle of each chapter there's a dramatic point of excitement, and at chapter's end, a cliffhanger."
- Jerry West, The Happy Hollisters at Snowflake Camp
8. "She had never paid much attention to the heart beating in her own chest. As she watched the pattern traced by Korsak's, she became aware of her own pulse. She had always taken her heartbeat for granted, and she wondered what it would be like, to hang on every beat, fearful that the next might not come. That the throb of life in her chest would suddenly go still."
- Tess Gerritsen, The Apprentice
9. "Every cell, nerve, tissue, and muscle of my lungs are now being made whole, pure, and perfect. My whole body is being restored to health and harmony."
- Joseph Murphy, The Power of Your Subconscious Mind