1. "God wants us to ask Him to do the things that release His will into every part of creation and each part of our everyday lives."
- Cindy Jacobs, The Power of Persistent Prayer: Praying With Greater Purpose and Passion
3. "For this too I learned, that a storyteller's tale may end, but history goes on always. These events, so distant in legend, play a part in shaping the very events we witness about us, each and every day."
- Jacqueline Carey, Kushiel's Dart
4. "He learned to read the ocean by a cupful. He also learned to regard each port of call as part of the journey and not as the destination. Every voyage begins when you do."
- E.L. Konigsburg, The View from Saturday
6. "He turned, stood above the crowd gazing up at him. There was silence in the square. And yet he had never felt such complete communication. It was as though they read each other’s thoughts, as though they were one and the same: they were part of him,every Florentine standing below, eyes turned up to him, and he was a part of them."
- Irving Stone, The Agony and the Ecstasy
8. "Each and every one of these leaders was a Negro citizen of the United States. They had earned the right to guide us, help us, not because their colored forebears helped free us and defend us in the Revolutionary War, in the War of 1812, in the Union Army of Lincoln and Grant, in the First and Second World Wars, in Korea, but because they were part of our whole, part of each of us, with the same stakes and goals."
- Irving Wallace, The Man
10. "We all said good-bye to our partial and piecemeal lives. We each used to independently call our own shots, but then we entered into a large and integrated life in which he has the final say in everything. . . . The way God designed our bodies is a model for understanding our lives together as a church: every part dependent on every other part. . . . You are Christ’s body—that’s who you are! You must never forget this. (1 Corinthians 12 The Message)"
- Paul Sparks, The New Parish: How Neighborhood Churches Are Transforming Mission