1. "He saw the oneness of body and mind, that each and every cell of the body contained all the wisdom of the universe."
- Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds: The Life Story of the Buddha
2. "God wants us to ask Him to do the things that release His will into every part of creation and each part of our everyday lives."
- Cindy Jacobs, The Power of Persistent Prayer: Praying With Greater Purpose and Passion
3. "The human body as an organism is not the sum of its parts, but rather the interrelationship of the parts. My body is not my body if it is cut into parts. For example, if you cut my legs from my body, you’d hardly look at them and think of me. In a system every part is related to every other part. Each part is wholly a part and partly a whole. In a family, the whole family as an organism is greater than any individual in the family. The family is defined by the relationship between the parts, rather than the sum of the parts. As social systems, families have components, rules, roles and needs that define the system."
- John Bradshaw, Healing the Shame that Binds You
4. "Every time people come at us with the intention of killing us, I close my eyes and wait for death. Even thought I am still alive, I feel like each time I accept death, part of me dies. Very soon I will completely die and all that will be left is my empty body walking with you. It will be quieter than I am."
- Ishmael Beah, A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier
5. "Every time people come at us with the intention of killing us, I close my eyes and wait for death. Even though I am still alive, I feel like each time I accept death, part of me dies. Very soon I will completely die and all that will be left is my empty body walking with you. It will be quieter than I am."
- Ishmael Beah, A Long Way Gone
6. "Femininity is imposed for the most part through an unremitting discipline that concerns every part of the body and is continuously recalled through the constraints of clothing or hairstyle."
- Quote by Pierre Bourdieu
7. "The food you put into your body works its way through your organs and bloodstream and is actually part of who you are. So every time you put crap in your body, you are crap."
- Kim Barnouin, Skinny Bitch
8. "If the colony continues increasing, it will become necessary to augment the number of the representatives, and that the interest of every part of the colony may be attended to, it will be found best to divide the whole into convenient parts, each part sending its proper number; and that the elected might never form to themselves an interest separate from the electors, prudence will point out the propriety of having elections often; because as the elected might by that means return and mix again with the general body of the electors in a few months, their fidelity to the public will be secured by the prudent reflexion of not making a rod for themselves. And as this frequent interchange will establish a common interest with every part of the community, they will mutually and naturally support each other, and on this (not on the unmeaning name of king) depends the strength of government, and the happiness of the governed."
- Thomas Paine, Common Sense